The International Journal of Librarianship (IJoL) invites abstract submissions for a special issue titled “Embedded Libraries and Archives in Museums," to be published in June 2024. IJoL is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal focusing on developments in the field of library and information science globally. IJoL is published quarterly, open access, indexed in EBSCO and ProQuest databases, and preserved by the Library of Congress and LOCKSS/PKP PLN system.
This special issue calls for original research papers, field reports, case studies, book reviews, or commentaries that address the challenges and opportunities that libraries and archives face when they are embedded within a museum. Topics might include, but are not limited to:
* Shaping museum library/archive collections and services in support of museum goals
* Serving museum and scholarly audiences
* Library and archival support of museum exhibitions, education, or outreach
* The varying roles of librarians and archivists embedded within museums
* The visibility of libraries and archives in museums
* Advocating for libraries and archives within museum structures
* And other topics based on your experience working in libraries or archives within a museum.
We encourage your creativity in exploring the relationship between libraries, archives, and the museum structures they are embedded within. We encourage global submissions, and welcome collaborations between colleagues working in different countries from each other, in different roles (librarian/archivist), or at different types of institutions.
We are distributing this CFP in late June 2023. Please submit a 300-500 word abstract via webform by July 30, 2023.
We aim to notify authors of abstract acceptance by August 30, 2023. If accepted, we would ask you to submit a full paper for review by November 30, 2023. (Full paper submission information is here, and you can see prior articles here).
We aim to have the peer-review process and a final decision completed by Spring 2024, for publication in June 2024.
Please send questions to Special Issue editors Celia Emmelhainz (email@example.com) and Anne Evenhaugen (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to the journal co-editors-in-chief: Yongming Wang (email@example.com) and Xiaoai Ren (firstname.lastname@example.org).