Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, or Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs or DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines Section below.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
This section contains featured articles on original research in LIS field. The articles should contain the usual sections expected in any scholarly articles, including but not limited to an abstract, a literature review, methodology, findings, and a conclusion.
Reports From the Field
This section contains articles that describe the implementation and assessment of innovative practices in libraries of all types, and report distinguished librarians worldwide who contribute greatly to the profession. The articles focus on sharing ideas and experiences with fellow practitioners.
CommentariesThis section is to provide a forum for varying perspectives on the topic under consideration.
ReviewsThis section contains reviews of books, journal articles, or conference papers. Reviews should be descriptive and substantially evaluative.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and the initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.